- The Holocaust (Compare the memorials to the Holocaust at Auschwitz-Birkenau, Bergen Belsen, Dachau, Plaszow, Sachsenhausen. Who built them? Why?)
- D Day & Operation Overlord (What happened on ‘The Longest Day’? Where did your soldiers land and what did they do? See how the Allies commemorate their fallen. )
- American Civil War (What was the most important action of the American Civil War? If Stonewall Jackson had not died at Gettysburg, the Gettysburg Address would not exist. Discuss. Would the outcome of the Civil War have been different?).
- Analyse the events of the Holocaust starting with the meeting that decided on the Final Solution to the 'Jewish problem' in Central Europe (the Wannsee Villa in Berlin) to the horrors of Plaszow, Auschwitz and Birkenau.
- Create a video essay showing where British and Canadian Soldiers went ‘over the top’ on 1st July 1916 on the first day of the Battle of the Somme.
- Use the numerous headstones from a World War One cemetery as the basis of a project tracking the history of a local soldier or a regiment.